Monday, January 26, 2009

New Beginnings

New beginnings are lies. We are shaped and formed by past experiences, with or without our own will.

My return to Pennsylvania did not leave me without gratitude. But if my belief that the human heart yearns for adventure (a belief that in my life has not been disproved) is true, I might as well not stop simply because I've returned "home."

Mostly, I just miss journalism.

Again, I am bound to agenda. But although I am not a free man, I will still be content with and appreciative of opportunity. Here's what's goin down:

Jan 28: DC, Holocaust Museum, Kate's home
Jan 29: to be announced, just how I like it: open and unplanned (arrive at Dalton's house to depart for Aneirin tour in evening - spend night in Richmond, VA)
Jan 30: Lincolnton, NC
Jan 31: Spartanburg, SC
Feb 1: Winchester, VA
Feb 2: Classes begin (and maybe I'll start a new blog at that point)

I don't know if I'm going to publicize this blog to my friends or family yet, but either way, I will mostly write for the sake of documenting my experiences. It's fun to go back and read stuff I've done in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment